Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Entering Glodok..

Glodok is a place in Jakarta where cheap stuff can be found (according to friends and some locals). Took a taxi from the hotel to Karet busway station. Bought a one way tiket, rupiah 250o. Get down at Glodok busway station. Most of the photos will be bluish, due to wrong setting in the camera.
This photo taken in Glodok area. Variety of food are served. Bakmi, nasi campur, bubur, bakso and others are available. Price start as low as rupiah 5000 for fruit juice and rupiah 8000 for the noodle. The day I was there I didn't try any food there. My friend did it, they say is good. I took some drinks. A stall sell variety of drinks, fruit juice, soft drink, but I didn't see any hot drink in that same stall. I took the coconut water and coconut flesh and alot of sugar. Didn't get to taste the coconut water. All I get is the sugar. Finish the coconut flesh and the water. Next I ordered a soursop drink. I get them not to put any sugar in it. The soursop was good. No sugar alot of the flesh minus the seed.
The street is quite busy. The hawkers are wooing people to their stalls. This photo is the opposite of the above photo.
In glodok area, there are sweets for sale. These differents type of sweets are kept in a big plastic bag (as shown in photo left). And is it sold by weight. Besides, tapioca crackers, fish crackers and all sort of crackers can be found. Even dried fruits are sold there. Dried manggo, dried jackfruit, dried banana are some of it.
Other items such as t-shirt, jeans, short be it long or short, jewelries, soft toys and I don't know what else they have there. Those interest can explore, me just walk around to have a feel of the environment. Oh not to left out dvds and vcds.
Friends and me were strolling in a building with alot of electronics item for sale. As we descending the stairs, there is this side of the building, where a lot of small stalls is set up to sell small electronics gadget (photo on the left) dvds, vcds and music cd were available too. I didn't went there for a closer look, 1. I am not looking for any electronics gadget, 2. I don't tend to buy anything that is not up to my taste. I passed by, snap a photo and move on to another destination.
This is where I wanted to go to. Dvds and music cds street. Actually dvd stalls are mushrooms in nearby area. There is even a shop lot in a shopping complex selling dvds and the shop lot is big. I was there searching for titles I want. Found a number of dvds there. This area is warm. The cause of the heat is from the number of human in there. One can sweat if too long in the crowd. Breathing can be a problem too when it is too hot. I notice myself does not bother of the heat, because I am searching for dvds. Once I get the dvds I am looking for, the heat kicks in. I am leaving...

6 comments:

SooHK said...

The second last photo, the people there looks worry. I guess they worry that you will take the photo and report to police ...hahaha

PhotoCrazy said...

You are rite about it.. but actually I am more worried if they come to me and start doing things on me.. hehehe..

Selba said...

OH... you already went to Glodok with your friend... So, r u sure, still wanna do the hunting of digicam there? *wink*

PhotoCrazy said...

Sure not a problem.. because photography is my hobby.. :)

Unknown said...

i went to the place u mentioned once....
too crowded for me...

becareful with ur handphone or camera there...
my colleague lost his brand new SE k700i there last oct when someone drop something in front of him and some one from behind knock him and picked up the thing and catch up with the person in front...he check his pocket and his phone gone liow...

PhotoCrazy said...

Me so far so good.. but sorry to hear abt ur colleague.. I will be careful next time.. thanks..